Please apply directly on our website:
We are looking to add a detail-oriented Senior Tax Accountant to our team! As a Senior Tax Accountant, you will act as a liaison with the external tax accountant and the internal accounting department in preparing, reviewing and analyzing tax reports and advises management regarding effects of business activities on taxes and helps devise strategies for minimizing tax liability.
This will not be a 100% remote opportunity and is based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
A glimpse into your day-to-day...
- Primary responsibility for preparation and review of annual income tax returns, federal and state, including preparation of supporting schedules and workpapers.
- Responsible for the preparation of various state personal property tax returns.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory reporting and other taxing authority requirements.
- Leads the annual income tax planning and process, including calculations of quarterly estimated tax liabilities and payments.
- Full accounting, general ledger and financial statement preparation and analysis for assigned entities within the enterprise.
- Responsible for all accounting and finance oversight for 20+ companies including real estate, rental, investments, and development properties.
- Fixed asset setup and reconciliation including depreciation and amortization calculations.
- Identifies and resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities on all assigned entities including third party real estate investment and construction financials.
- Cash and general ledger reconciliation.
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Preparation and payment of sales tax, property tax, and other tax payments as needed.
- Accounts payable coding review and entry including construction project budgeting, payment, and lien waiver form review.
- Participates in the annual audit with the outside auditing firm.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned or responsibilities dictate.
Who you are...
High School diploma or equivalent
Bachelors degree in accounting/CPA preferred
You'll score brownie points for:
- Ability to accurately prepare and review federal and state income tax returns for multiple partnerships and S-corporations operating in multiple states.
- Ability to accurately prepare and review state personal property tax returns in multiple states.
- Ability to prepare tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing and consolidating provision schedules.
- Family office investment accounting, real estate and construction systems and databases preferred but not required.
- Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Advanced excel knowledge.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to review both internally and externally prepared tax returns and financial statements.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as a team player with third party tax and financial preparers.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
Why you want to work with us!
As part of the family of businesses, HomeSmart International, Equitable Title Agency, Minute Mortgage, and Platinum Home Warranty are extending our “Bamily” all over the country! We know what you are thinking: “Bamily”...this is not a typo! It’s our business family! You’re also thinking our family dinners and reunions must be really fun. We are here to tell you...you’re right!
We are growing! Check us out online!
We have a passion for our employees and our customers, and we encourage a positive and collaborative approach to our daily routine. Relax in the ultra-lounge, play a game of pool, jam to awesome music, zoom around (safely) on hoverboards, or kick back and watch TV. Or you can wind down by using our relaxing massage chairs or fully equipped fitness center and locker rooms.
Eat snacks, think big, have a few laughs, work hard, play hard. Repeat.
- Salary $75,000-$85,000 depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision...and Pet Insurance (because we love your dogs as much as you do!)
- Healthy snacks, fitness center, hoverboards, pool table...you know, fun stuff.
- 401K with company match
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Programs
- Charitable Contributions and Events
- Advancement and Career Opportunities
Apply today and become part of the Bamily!
HomeSmart International, Equitable Title Agency, Minute Mortgage, and Platinum Home Warranty.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.