Please click on the link below in order to apply for the position.
This position leads the legal department and is responsible for the legal affairs associated with mergers and acquisitions, contracts, and real estate transactions.
What You'll Do:
- Manages and assists in resolving property level legal issues, including easements, REAs, contracts, claims, bankruptcies, and landlord/tenant disputes.
- Structuring, drafting, negotiating, and counseling on a broad range of real estate issues.
- Supports the legal requirements and business initiatives of the Company as an in-house legal expert.
- Supports HomeSmart Services through the timely review, negotiation, and preparation of contracts and related legal documentation.
- Reviews and advises on professional contracts for the Company.
- Reviews, researches, interprets, and prepares both written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues.
- Acts as the legal advisor and representative for the Company during any merger and acquisition.
- Formulates strategic action plans to help minimize, manage and mitigate legal risks and then monitor the progress of these efforts.
- Actively manages internal legal resources and multiple outside counsel relationships.
- Maintains knowledge of organizations operations and legal documents.
- Develops creative, well-reasoned and analyzed solutions satisfying both business and legal interests.
- Creates new entities and manages organizations intellectual property.
- Tracks, manages and creates frameworks to empower our domestic and international growth.
- Advises senior corporate officers on a variety of issues.
Qualities we are looking for...
- BS degree in Law or J.D. degree from accredited law school.
- Experience with corporate governance issues.
- Proficient legal experience in contracts, and M&A
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of statues, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses
- Ability to provide competent legal advice and counsel on a wide range of legal issues
- Knowledge of the range of applicable laws and regulations which impact all facets of an organization.
- Ability to analyze and interpret issues and to prepare legal opinions.
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships across the business.
Why you want to work with us - What makes HomeSmart Services awesome!
As part of the family of businesses, HomeSmart International, Equitable Title Agency, Minute Mortgage, and Platinum Home Warranty are growing quickly! We value collaboration, community, innovation, and an open-door policy. We set ridiculous expectations, then find a way to make those expectations normal.
We are growing! Check us out online!
- Salary depending on experience plus company bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Pet Insurance!
- 401K with company match
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Programs
- Charitable Contributions and Events
- Advancement and Career Opportunities
Apply today and become part of the Bamily!
HomeSmart International, Equitable Title Agency, Minute Mortgage, and Platinum Home Warranty.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.