Please apply directly on our website:
This position is responsible for various accounting duties, including preparation of financial reports, including quarterly and annual financial statements, debt covenant compliance and analytical review.
This will not be a 100% remote opportunity and is based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
A glimpse into your day-to-day...
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reporting packages for management and external parties.
- Provides assistance during annual audits and ensures deadlines are met for support schedules.
- Reconciles and monitors various accounting records, reports and funds.
- Supports timely and accurate preparation of filing of the company’s financial reports (10-K and 10-Q equivalents) in compliance with all regulatory requirements, U.S. GAAP and company policies and procedures.
- Provides technical support on the treatment of accounting issues, interpretation and implementation of new accounting standards, and compliance with U.S. GAAP and relevant regulatory standards.
- Completes internal controls to ensure financial statements are accurate. Including validations of data and the effectiveness of account reconciliations.
- Collects information from across the company for use in disclosures.
- Supports accounting for acquisitions, including valuation of acquired assets and liabilities, including intangibles.
- Review monthly and quarterly reporting packages to management and the Board of Directors detailing financial performance, including both GAAP and non-GAAP metrics, variance analysis, and trends.
- Technical accounting research and documentation. Assist in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Coordination with external auditors as needed to support quarterly reviews and year end audits.
- Assist with compliance and maintenance of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Coach and support team members.
- Execute on ad hoc reporting and projects as requested.
Who you are…
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited program
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Demonstrated experience with financial reporting, preferable to have SEC filing experience, and SOX 404 internal control compliance
- Minimum of six years working with companies with SEC filings, including minimum of five years of public accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and NetSuite knowledge preferred
- Advanced knowledge of effective communication and presentation techniques for explaining complex financial issues
- Well-honed written and verbal communication skills combined with an approachable and collaborative attitude
- A level of tolerance for fast changing work environment
Why you want to work with us!
As part of the family of businesses, HomeSmart International, Equitable Title Agency, Minute Mortgage, and Platinum Home Warranty are extending our “Bamily” all over the country! We know what you are thinking: “Bamily”...this is not a typo! It’s our business family! You’re also thinking our family dinners and reunions must be really fun. We are here to tell you...you’re right!
We are growing! Check us out online!
We have a passion for our employees and our customers, and we encourage a positive and collaborative approach to our daily routine. Relax in the ultra-lounge, play a game of pool, jam to awesome music, zoom around (safely) on hoverboards, or kick back and watch TV. Or you can wind down by using our relaxing massage chairs or fully equipped fitness center and locker rooms.
Eat snacks, think big, have a few laughs, work hard, play hard. Repeat.
- Salary depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision...and Pet Insurance (because we love your dogs as much as you do!)
- Healthy snacks, fitness center, hoverboards, pool table...you know, fun stuff.
- 401K with company match
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Programs
- Charitable Contributions and Events
- Advancement and Career Opportunities
Apply today and become part of the Bamily!
HomeSmart International, Equitable Title Agency, Minute Mortgage, and Platinum Home Warranty.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.