Please apply directly on our website:
This position is responsible for all aspects of pipeline management, investor reporting and mortgage accounting for all first mortgage loans. This position also will have essential accounting and month-end responsibilities related to our affiliate businesses.
What you'll do...
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with our investor banks, broker-dealer partners, and other third parties.
- Develops strong relationships with our partners to realize the full potential of each partner and capitalize on opportunities as they arise.
- Functions as the primary point of contact for trading desks for mortgage buyers and institutional investors.
- Manages the pricing model to improve company revenue.
- Evaluates, confirms, and processes pricing upon receipt of each lock or extension request and revises as requested or needed.
- Executes commitments with investors and allocates/pools loan into commitments.
- Enters/manages/maintain rate locks with the LOS and focuses on great data.
- Responsible for t rate lock desk activities including utilization of the product and pricing engine, locking loans, pairing off loans, extending locks, recording/reconciling investor fees and netting the overage and underage of the rate locks and implements pricing adjustments to compensate for rate differentials and updating the LOS with this information.
- Monitors and maintains investor rate lock pipelines.
- Manages locked Loan pipeline to ensure delivery within commitment periods, working to minimize commitment loss/fees.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the purchase advice from investors to ensure accuracy of bank income.
- Oversees rate sheets, secondary market reporting and supports lock desk workflow.
- Locks loans with investors, researches and completes re-locks, revises lock and extension requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Communicates with investors, monitors investor pipeline for all open commitments and initiates extensions and pair-offs as needed.
- Forecasts and analyzes data to identify the potential for process improvements, trends and/or risks.
- Analyzes current market conditions and forecasts the management of risk and hedging.
- Completes the month end close, including preparation and review of reconciliations of general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Prepare and record month-end journal entries.
- Maintain, monitor, record, and reconcile all debt facility arrangements and other liabilities
- Maintain, monitor, record, and reconcile trust accounting transactions.
- Maintain, monitor, record, and reconcile derivative accounting transactions.
- Ability to reconcile mortgage servicing history and escrow account balances.
- Protects assets by establishing monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Must complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by due date.
- As the company grows this position will administer the selling of loans into the secondary market to maximize profits by determining appropriate investor, delivery method and appropriate delivery timeframe. Monitors and ensures accuracy of pipeline tracking and loans committed for sale.
- With the company growth will work with the third-party risk management firm to manage loan sales including servicing retained or released correspondent investor AOT/DTs, whole loan sales, the interest rate risk of the mortgage pipeline including hedging and trading activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are...
- Bachelor’s in finance, Accounting or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of experience in the Mortgage industry and/or secondary market
- Experience with pricing structures, Gain/loss reporting, and/or Accounting GL’s and Finance analytics.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong computer literacy, data entry and typing skills
- Technically savvy in Encompass and Encompass pricing product system
- Member service skills and a service-oriented mentality.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, frequently changing environment
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information both in person and over the phone
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Basic knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
Why you want to work with us - What makes HomeSmart Services awesome!
As part of the family of businesses, HomeSmart International, Equitable Title Agency, Minute Mortgage, Platinum Home Warranty, and PalmerHouse Properties are growing quickly! We value collaboration, community, innovation, and an open-door policy. We set ridiculous expectations, then find a way to make those expectations normal.
We are growing with over 23,000 agents nationwide! Check us out online!
- Salary depending on experience plus company bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance and more!
- 401K with company match
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Programs
- Charitable Contributions and Events
- Advancement and Career Opportunities
Apply today and become part of the team!